Vendor Inspection Co-operation Working Group (VICWG)
The MDEP Vendor Inspection Co-operation Working Group (VICWG) was approved by the MDEP Policy Group in March 2008. All MDEP countries and the IAEA are invited to participate in this working group's activities.
The VICWG's main objectives are:
- to maximise results obtained from regulators' efforts in inspecting vendors;
- to explore opportunities for international harmonisation in the area of quality assurance and quality management codes and standards.
Thus, the VICWG interacts with several Standards Development Organisations (ISO, AFCEN, etc.) and the World Nuclear Association's (WNA) working group on Cooperation in Reactor Design Evaluation and Licensing (CORDEL).
The VICWG reports its status to the MDEP Steering Technical Committee (STC) at the latter's thrice annual meetings.
For more information, see the MDEP Annual Report: 2017-2018.
2019-2020 Programme Plan
- CP-VICWG-04 Common Position: Counterfeit, Fraudulent, and Suspect Items Procedures and Policies, 23 October 2018
- TR-VICWG-05 Technical Report:Assessment of Multinational Vendor Inspection of AREVA NP Creusot Forge (ACF), 23 October 2018
- CP-VICWG-03 Common Position: Preparation and Performance of Vendor Inspections, 4 May 2018
- CP-VICWG-02 Common Position: Witnessed, Joint and Multinational Vendor Inspection Protocol, 16 November 2017
- CP-VICWG-01 Common Position: Establishment of Common QA/QM Criteria for Multinational Vendor Inspection, 16 September 2015
- TR-VICWG-04 Technical Report: Assessment of Multinational Vendor Inspection of Valinox Nuclear, 16 September 2015
- TR-VICWG-03 Technical Report: Common QA/QM Criteria for Multinational Vendor Inspection, 30 January 2014
- TR-VICWG-02 Technical Report: Survey on Quality Assurance Program Requirements, 9 December 2011
Last reviewed: 20 November 2018