NEA Mandates and Structures
CSNI Programme Review Group (CSNI PRG)
Masashi HIRANO, Japan
|Member(s):||All NEA member countries|
|Date of creation:||31 December 1999|
|End of mandate:||31 December 2020|
Mandate (Document reference):
- The Strategic Plan for the Committee on the Safety of Nuclear Installations [NEA/CSNI/R(2000)3]
- CSNI Operating Plan (2006-2009) [NEA/CSNI/R(2007)7]
- Summary Record of the 40th Meeting of the Committee on the Safety of Nuclear Installations (CSNI) [NEA/SEN/SIN(2007)1]
- Summary Record of the 47th Meeting of the Committee on the Safety of Nuclear Installations (CSNI) [NEA/SEN/SIN(2010)2]
- CSNI Operating Plan (2011-2016) [NEA/CSNI/R(2011)2]
- Summary Record of the 61th meeting of the Committee on the Safety of Nuclear Installations (CSNI) [NEA/SEN/SIN(2017)2]
- Summary Record of the 62nd meeting of the Committee on the Safety of Nuclear Installations (CSNI) [NEA/SEN/SIN(2018)1]
- CSNI Operating Plan and Guidelines (2017-2022) [NEA/CSNI/R(2017)17]
Mandate (Document extract):
Extract from document NEA/CSNI/R(2017)17
The Programme Review Group is established to perform a programme quality review function within the Committee on the Safety of Nuclear Installations (CSNI) and to provide scientific assistance to the decision-making process of the CSNI. The PRG should also support the Bureau in preparing CSNI meetings and in proposing actions concerning the achievement of CSNI objectives, in the context of the NEA Strategic Plan 2017-2022 [NEA/NE(2016)3/FINAL].
The main functions of the Programme Review Group are the following:
- Assist the CSNI Bureau in establishing and maintaining up-to-date the CSNI Operating Plan and Guidelines (OPG).
- Review the programme of work of each CSNI working group with respect to overall work-load and priorities.
- Evaluate new activity proposals from the CSNI working groups: check consistency with the OPG and the working groups’ programmes of work, assess the resource and time requirements and issue recommendations to the CSNI.
- At the request of the CSNI, evaluate new NEA joint project proposals with regard to their technical content and their alignment with working groups’ work scope.
- At the request of the CSNI, provide assistance to the Bureau for the work of the Committee and its working structures with respect to cross-cutting issues.
- Monitor the progress of ongoing activities in the context of the programme of work of the respective working groups and OPG technical goals and recommend corrective actions as needed.
- Review and, if necessary, make proposals for topics of Technical Opinion Papers and Collective Opinion Statements.
- Review CSNI reports and provide guidance and advice on technical subjects to the CSNI.
- Report on its activities and recommendations at each Committee meeting.