3. NATURE OF PHYSICAL PROBLEM SOLVED
For the vibration analysis of complicated piping systems, DYNAPS aims to get eigenvalues and mode of the system. The piping system may have additional masses, supporting springs, supports, hinges and branches and is treated as the combination of simple beams with the assumptions
1) Neglect the effect of an axial force to the flexural rigidity.
2) Neglect the effect of the shearing force and rotating inertia.
3) Neglect the unbalance of the forces (including the gravity force) caused by the geometric deformation of the system.
4) Neglect all sorts of internal dampings.
5) Neglect the distributed mass for torsional vibration.
6) Assume no coupling between bending, torsional and longitudinal vibrations, that is the cross-section should be annular.