3. DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM OR FUNCTION
Experimental and evaluated nuclear reaction data are compiled world-wide in EXFOR and in ENDF format, respectively. The ENDVER package can be used to convert EXFOR data into computational C4 format, display them and compare graphically with the contents of a specified evaluated data file. The package also contains utilities to retrieve selected materials from a master library in ENDF format, extract cross sections (including differential and double differential data) and output them in two-column PLOTTAB "curves" format.
In addition to ENDVER, the ENVER/GUI version contains the following programs and libraries:
- EXFOR and CINDA databases, and software providing data search and presentation,
- the PREPRO 2004 - ENDF pre-processing codes by D.E. Cullen,
- ZVVIEW interactive graphic data display package.
The ENDVER/GUI package is intended as a utility for evaluators and data compilers to display experimental data from the EXFOR database and compare them to comparable data in evaluated nuclear data files.
The package has two parts:
- Data retrieval and manipulation program package (A.Trkov)
- Graphics User Interface (V. Zerkin)
In addition, the following packages are included:
- CINDA library of bibliographical references to nuclear data calculations,
reviews, compilations and evaluations,
- EXFOR-relational package,
- ENDF Pre-Processing codes,
- ZVview interactive graphics viewer.
Main features of the package include:
- EndVer with Graphics User's Interface (GUI)
- Integrated EndVer-EXFOR-CINDA
- Advanced interactive search
- PostScript graphics with PLOTC4
- Help based on Dictionaries
- Interactive graphics with ZVView
- Non-interactive EXFOR retrievals
- CINDA with charged particle and photonuclear reactions