3. DESCRIPTION OR FUNCTION
DROSG-2000 contains data for neutron source reactions, namely:
15 (p,n) reactions
11 (d,n) reactions and
5 (alpha,n) reactions
including the inverse reactions a total of 59 neutron producing reactions.
and three computer codes:
1) NEUYIE: Accelerator-based mononenergetic neutron production.
This program calculates neutron energies, differential cross sections and (for isotopic pure targets) differential neutron yields for monoenergetic neutron sources using internal tables. The neutron yields are given for an energy loss of the projectile that results in a 10 keV neutron energy spread at 0 degree.
2) WHIYIE: White neutron yields from two-body reactions.
This program calculates angular differential thick-target neutron yields of white neutron sources that are based on the two-body reactions covered under 1). As an option, a white spectrum at a chosen angle ready for plotting is produced.
3) TIMREV: Differential cross sections and energies of (n,p), (n,d), (n,t) and (n,alpha) reactions.
This program calculates differential cross sections and energies of some (n,p), (n,d), (n,t) and (n,alpha) reactions by detailed balance from the time reversed reactions covered under 1).
MODIFICATIONS FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS:
1) All iteration routines were changed. They are based now on physical properties so that convergence is guaranteed under any input condition. Besides any iteration occurs within about 25 steps increasing the speed in some cases considerably.
2) Some relevant physical properties (thresholds, double valued range and opening angle of kinematically collimated sources) are made available right after the selection of the desired source reaction, and energy, resp.
3) Some (exotic) monoenergetic (d,n) reactions and (alpha,n) reactions and their inverse reactions were added.