last modified: 01-OCT-1979 | catalog | categories | new | search |

DLC-0030 ZZ-DECAYREM.

ZZ DECAYREM/C, Decay Spectra Library for EXREM Calculation

top ]
1. NAME OR DESIGNATION OF PROGRAM:  ZZ-DECAYREM.
top ]
2. COMPUTERS
To submit a request, click below on the link of the version you wish to order. Only liaison officers are authorised to submit online requests. Rules for requesters are available here.
Program name Package id Status Status date
ZZ-DECAYREM/C DLC-0030/01 Tested 01-OCT-1979

Machines used:

Package ID Orig. computer Test computer
DLC-0030/01 IBM 370 series IBM 370 series
top ]
3. DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM OR FUNCTION



%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%


  FORMAT: EXREM III



  NUMBER OF GROUPS: --



NUCLIDES: radioactive decay data on 252 nuclides: 1H-3, 4Be-7, 6C-11, 6C-14, 7N-13, 8O-15, 9F-18, 11Na-22, 11Na-24, 12Mg-28, 13Al-28, 15P-32, 15P-33, 16S-35, 17Cl-36, 17Cl-38, 18A-37, 18A-39, 19K-40, 19K-42, 19K-43, 20Ca-45, 20Ca-47, 20Ca-49, 21Sc-46, 21Sc-47, 21Sc-49, 24Cr-51, 25Mn-52M, 25Mn-52, 25Mn-54, 26Fe-52, 26Fe-55, 26Fe-59, 27Co-56, 27Co-57, 27Co-58, 27Co-60, 28Ni-56, 28Ni-63, 29Cu-64, 30Zn-65, 30Zn-69M, 30Zn-69, 31Ga-67, 31Ga-68, 32Ge-77, 33As-76, 33As-77, 34Se-75, 35Br-80M, 35Br-80, 35Br-82, 35Br-83, 35Br-84, 36Kr-79, 36Kr-83M, 36Kr-85M, 36Kr-85, 36Kr-87, 36Kr-88, 37Rb-84, 37Rb-86, 37Rb-87, 37Rb-88, 37Rb-89, 37Rb-90M, 37Rb-90, 38Sr-85, 38Sr-87M, 38Sr-89, 38Sr-90, 38Sr-91, 38Sr-92, 38Sr-93, 39Y-87, 39Y-88, 39Y-90, 39Y-91M, 39Y-91, 39Y-92, 39Y-93, 40Zr-93, 41Nb-93M, 40Zr-95, 40Zr-97, 41Nb-95M, 41Nb-95, 41Nb-97M, 41Nb-97, 42Mo-99, 43Tc-99M, 43Tc-99, 44Ru-103, 44Ru-105, 44Ru-106, 45Rh-103M, 45Rh-105M, 45Rh-105, 45Rh-106, 46Pd-103, 47Ag-110M, 47Ag-110, 47Ag-111, 48Cd-111M, 48Cd-113M, 48Cd-115M, 49In-113M, 49In-114M, 49In-114, 49In-115M, 49In-115, 50Sn-113, 50Sn-119M, 50Sn-123, 50Sn-125, 51Sb-122, 51Sb-124, 51Sb-125, 51Sb-127, 51Sb-129, 52Te-123M, 52Te-123, 52Te-125M, 52Te-127M, 52Te-127, 52Te-129M, 52Te-129, 52Te-131M, 52Te-131, 52Te-132, 53I-123, 53I-124, 53I-125, 53I-126, 53I-129, 53I-130, 53I-131, 53I-132, 53I-133, 53I-134, 53I-135, 53I-136, 54Xe-131M, 54Xe-133M, 54Xe-133, 54Xe-135M, 54Xe-135, 54Xe-137, 54Xe-138, 55Cs-134, 55Cs-135, 55Cs-136, 55Cs-137, 55Cs-138, 55Cs-139, 56Ba-133, 56Ba-137M, 56Ba-139, 56Ba-140, 57La-140, 58Ce-141, 58Ce-143, 58Ce-144, 59Pr-143, 59Pr-144M, 59Pr-144, 60Nd-147, 61Pm-147, 61Pm-148M, 61Pm-148, 62Sm-151, 63Eu-154, 63Eu-155, 63Eu-156, 64Gd-162, 65Tb-160, 65Tb-162, 73Ta-182, 74W-185, 74W-187, 75Re-187, 79Au-195M, 79Au-195, 79Au-198, 79Au-199, 80Hg-197, 80Hg-203, 81Tl-204, 81Tl-207, 81Tl-208, 81Tl-209, 81Tl-210, 82Pb-204M, 82Pb-209, 82Pb-210, 82Pb-211, 82Pb-212, 82Pb-214, 83Bi-210, 83Bi-211, 83Bi-212, 83Bi-213, 83Bi-214, 84Po-210, 84Po-211, 84Po-212, 84Po-213, 84Po-214, 84Po-215, 84Po-216, 84Po-218, 85At-217, 86Rn-219, 86Rn-220, 86Rn-222, 87Fr-221, 87Fr-223, 88Ra-223, 88Ra-224, 88Ra-225, 88Ra-226, 88Ra-228, 89Ac-225, 89Ac-227, 89Ac-228, 90Th-227, 90Th-228, 90Th-229, 90Th-230, 90Th-231, 90Th-232, 90Th-234, 91Pa-231, 91Pa-233, 91Pa-234M, 91Pa-234, 92U-232, 92U-233, 92U-234, 92U-235, 92U-236, 92U-237, 92U-238, 92U-240, 93Np-237, 93Np-238, 93Np-239, 93Np-240M, 93Np-240, 94Pu-236, 94Pu-238, 94Pu-239, 94Pu-240, 94Pu-241, 94Pu-242, 94Pu-244, 95Am-241, 95Am-242, 95Am-243, 96Cm-242, 96Cm-243, 96Cm-244, 96Cm-248, 98Cf-252.



  ORIGIN: many



  WEIGHTING SPECTRUM: --



%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The EXREM III program (2) calculates dose rates and total internal dose equivalent due to environmental release of radioactive material. The program was revised in 1973 to treat positron and conversion/Auger electron emission as well as beta rays and photons which had been treated in EXREM III. The data may be used in any application requiring a knowledge of the radiation from radioactive nuclide decay.

The data assembled are from the sources listed in Ref. 3-8. The data base provided RSIC has decay spectra and nuclide chain information for 252 nuclides. The 1978 revision includes a few corrections and includes additional nuclides, particularly daughters of some long- lived odd-mass transuranics which were not included previously. The  data files now contain all radioactive decay data listed in Ref.8. The following data are given: decay constant (1/hr), energy spectra  of photons (gamma rays and X rays), beta rays (end-point energies),  positions (end-point energies), and electrons (conversion or Auger). The decay chain information is given in terms of pathways with each  pathway being a possible sequence in the decay chains.

The patway information may be described by an example. Each nuclide  has an identifying number (ID) given with each set of data for that  nuclide. Assume that nuclide 65 decays to nuclide 66 with 1.8% probability and to 67 with 98.2% probability. Nuclide 66 decays entirely to 67 and 67 is stable. The patway information is given as  follows:

          65    66     67

        .018     1.     1.

          65  1067

        .982     1.

The number 1000 is added to 67 in the second pathway to indicate that a previous pathway must be added to calculate the concentration of nuclide 67. More complete descriptions of the format are given in Ref.1 and 2.
top ]
4. METHOD OF SOLUTION:
top ]
5. RESTRICTIONS ON THE COMPLEXITY OF THE PROBLEM:
top ]
6. TYPICAL RUNNING TIME

A complete printout required 8 sec (GO) CPU time on the IBM 360/91.
top ]
7. UNUSUAL FEATURES OF THE PROGRAM:
top ]
8. RELATED AND AUXILIARY PROGRAMS

The retrieval program DKPRINT prints the data in a more readable form. It also converts the decay  constant to half-life (hours/days/years), prints a list of the nuclides by atomic number and looks up the nuclide name (chemical symbol and atomic weight) for the pathway data.
top ]
9. STATUS
Package ID Status date Status
DLC-0030/01 01-OCT-1979 Tested at NEADB
top ]
10. REFERENCES

a. Documentation available with library:
- D.K. Trubey,
  Decayrem Notes, May 1974.
b. Other documentation helpful in defining the library:
- D.K. Trubey and S.V. Kaye,
  "The EXREM III Computer Code for Estimating External Radiation
  Doses to Populations from Environmental Releases",
  ORNL-TM-4322 (1973).
- M.J. Martin,
  Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Radioactive Atoms, Suppl.1,
  ORNL-4923 (1973).
- M.J. Martin and P.H. Blichert-Toft,
  "Radioactive Atoms, Auger-Electron, Alpha, Beta-, Gamma-, and
  X-Ray Data",
  Nuclear Data Tables, Section A, 8(1-2), 1-198 (1970).
- L.T. Dillman,
  "Radionuclide Decay Schemes and Nuclear Parameters for Use in
  Radiation-Dose Estimation",
  Medical Internal Radiation Dose Committee Pamphlet No.4, J.
  Nuclear Medicine, Supplement No.2, Vol.10 (March 1969).
- L.T. Dillman,
  "Radioactive Decay Schemes and Nuclear Parameters for Use in
  Radiation-Dose Estimation, Part 2",
  MIRD Committee Pamphlet No.6, J. Nuclear Medicine, Supplement
  No.4, Vol.II (March 1970).
- Unpublished data of the Information Center for Internal Exposure,
  Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Some of the data were especially
  evaluated for this data base by F.C. Vonderlage.
- D.C. Kocher,
  "Nuclear Decay Data for Radionuclides Occurring in Routine
  Releases from Nuclear Fuel Cycle Facilities",
  ORNL/NUREG/TM-102 (Aug. 1977).
DLC-0030/01, included references:
- D.K. Trubey ;
Updating of EXREM III
Informal note (June 1974)
- D.K. Trubey ;
DECAYREM Notes
Informal note (May 1974)
top ]
11. MACHINE REQUIREMENTS:
top ]
12. PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE(S) USED

No item found

top ]
13. OPERATING SYSTEM UNDER WHICH PROGRAM IS EXECUTED:
top ]
14. OTHER PROGRAMMING OR OPERATING INFORMATION OR RESTRICTIONS:
top ]
15. NAME AND ESTABLISHMENT OF AUTHOR

Contributed by: Radiation Safety Information Computational Center
                Oak Ridge National Laboratory
                Oak Ridge, Tennessee, U. S. A.
Developed by:   Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, USA
top ]
16. MATERIAL AVAILABLE
DLC-0030/01
File name File description Records
DLC0030_01.001 INFORMATION FILE 4
DLC0030_01.002 SOURCE (F4,EBCDIC) 176
DLC0030_01.003 JCL CARDS 57
DLC0030_01.004 LIBRARY 1754
DLC0030_01.005 SAMPLE OUTPUT 10116
top ]
17. CATEGORIES
  • G. Radiological Safety, Hazard and Accident Analysis
  • Z. Data.

Keywords: data, daughter products, decay spectra, dose rates, electrons, libraries, photons, radioactivity transport.