3. DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM OR FUNCTION
GASKET calculates the thermal neutron scattering law, s(alpha,beta), for a large class of moderators. Provision has been made in GASKET for the following dynamical modes of the scatterer -
(1) free translation (gas),
(2) diffusive or Brownian motion,
(3) harmonic isotropic vibrations with continuous frequency spectrum,
(4) harmonic anistropic vibrations with continuous frequency spectrum (as applied for instance to graphite),
(5) harmonic isotropic vibrations with discrete frequency spectrum.