SAPHIRE contains editors or options for creating event trees and fault trees, defining accident sequences and basic event failure data, solving system fault trees and accident sequence event trees, quantifying cut sets, performing sensitivity and uncertainty analyses, documenting the results, and generating reports.
SAPHIRE capabilities for performing a PRA are summarized below.
- Graphical fault tree construction
- Graphical event tree construction
- Rule-based fault tree linking
- Fast cut set generation
- Fault tree flag sets
- Failure data
- Uncertainty analysis
- Cut set editor, slice, display, and recovery analysis tools
- Cut set path tracing
- Cut set comparison
- Cut set end state partitioning
- End state analysis xiii
- User-defined analysis types
SAPHIRE has a powerful report generation module. In addition, SAPHIRE has utility functions to recover a corrupted database, convert fault tree logic from alpha to graphics, and change user-defined constants. With SAPHIRE, a user can export the graphical fault trees and event trees to an industry standard Windows metafile.