Expert Group on Multi-scale Modelling of Fuels (M2F)
Under the guidance of the Nuclear Science Committee (NSC) and under the mandate of the Working Party on Multi-scale Modelling of Fuels and Structural Materials for Nuclear Systems (WPMM), the objective of the Expert Group on Multiscale Modelling of Fuel (M2F) is to share and support the development of a multi-scale modelling approach of fuels in support of current fuel optimisation programmes and innovative fuel design.
The objectives of the Expert Group are to:
- Assess the worldwide multi-scale modelling approaches devoted to nuclear fuels from the atomic to the macroscopic scale in order to share and promote such approaches;
- Address all types of fuels: both current (mainly oxide fuels) and advanced fuels (such as minor actinide containing oxides fuels, carbide, nitride, metallic fuels);
- Address key engineering issues associated with each type of fuel;
- Assess the quality of existing links between the various scales and define the remaining development necessary to strengthen multi-scale modelling approaches;
- Identify the most relevant experimental data or experimental characterisation techniques that are missing for validation of fuel multi-scale modelling;
- Promote exchange between the actors involved at various scales;
- Promote exchange between multi-scale modelling experts and experimentalists.
State-of-the-Art Report on Multi-scale Modelling of Nuclear Fuels [NEA/NSC/R/(2015)5]
Meeting documents are in the working area (password protected | reminder).
Last updated: 12 October 2015