Improving the Accessibility and Quality of the EXFOR Database
Information on this web page is for exclusive use by participants in the subgroup activities. The data from this web page should not be quoted or used without the explicit consent of the contributing author.
This WPEC subgroup was established to improve the access and quality of the experimental nuclear reaction database EXFOR. The subgroup will seek to achieve this aim by verifying and updating the database and developing an extended and standardised computational format to be used, for example, in computer model codes for data evaluation programs.
1st subgroup meeting, Oct 2007
The first Subgroup meeting was held at the IAEA, Vienna, Austria, 10-11 October 2007
Subgroup meeting, 4 June 2008
NEA/NSC/DOC(2007)25: Summary record (final version, 21 Dec 2007) prepared by A. Mengoni and A. Koning.
Subgroup meeting to be held at JAEA, Tokai, 4 June 2008
- 1. Opening
- 2. General progress in 2007-2008 on quality of EXFOR (Koning)
- 3. EXFOR activities at Tokai (Kato)
- 4. Discussion
- - Analysis of the EXFOR coverage (Mengoni)
- - comparison CINDA vs. EXFOR and NSR (Zerkin)
- - Current use of computational databases (XC4, C4 etc.)
- - Quality flag library (parallel to EXFOR)
- - Statistical tests
- - Nuclear model tests
- - etc. etc.
Publications and documents
A collection of references and data relevant to the subgroup's activities will be made available on this web page as the work progresses.
- Draft subgroup 30 report to WPEC for the first year (A. Koning)
- Conversion log (EXFOR->XC4) Conversion performed with JANIS (N. Soppera)
- Complete XC4 Database 66 Mb zip-file (EXFOR master date 2008-05-16) Performed with JANIS (N. Soppera)
- JANIS EXFOR ImportLog (EXFOR master date 2008-05-16) EXFOR Format checking performed with JANIS (N. Soppera)
- Folder with plots of EXFOR data and Evaluated data compared (N. Soppera)
- Two plots: one with all data from EXFOR for Zn-64(n,p)Cu-64 (upper fig) and one plot with a selection of experimental data and renormalized data used in a recent evaluation by K. Zolotarev (R. Capote Noy for the SG30 meeting in June 2008)
- EXFOR-Evaluating-System proposed by V. Zerkin, IAEA/NDS for the SG30 meeting in June 2008
- Suspicious EXFOR entries (NRDC Working Paper 2007-9) reported by A. Koning in 2006, and examined by IAEA/NDS (O. Schwerer and S. Dunaeva) in 2007.
- "The art of collecting experimental data internationally:EXFOR, CINDA and the NRDC Network", by H. Henriksson, O. Schwerer, D. Rochman, M. V. Mikhaylyukova, N. Otuka. Contribution to the Int. Conf. on Nuclear Data for Science and Technology (ND2007), Nice, France.
- A compilation of feedbacks on EXFOR from Sg30 on the IAEA-NDS website
- The IAEA NDS version of the EXFOR computational format: X4toC4 library
- FENDL in pictures: Old comparison of FENDL evaluations and experimental data
- Comparison of evaluated and experimental data with JANIS:
13-AL-27(N,*)*,,SIG reactions with coefficients used in JEF/DOC-1236
(z, fission) total fission,
(z, g) radiative capture,
single EXFOR entry comparisons.
- The EXFOR retrieval page at the NEA Data Bank.
- The EXFOR retrieval page at the IAEA NDS.
- The EXFOR/CSISRS retrieval page at the BNL NNDC.
Last updated on 13 June 2008