- Gülfem Gee Demiray, a communications manager at the NEA, introduced the Agency's digital channels and discussed digital engagement in the nuclear sector at the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Global Nuclear Safety and Security Network (GNSSN) webinar Part III: Utilizing Communication Channels on 5 May 2021.
- NEA Director-General William D. Magwood, IV participated in the Nuclear Leaders Summit on 11 May 2021 to discuss the role of nuclear energy in sustainability and mitigating climate change.
🗨️ "It is important for leaders of #nuclearenergy organisations to talk informally & compare notes on the global situation and consider where we can work together for mutual benefit," @OECD_NEA Director-General William D. Magwood, IV https://t.co/4bRnfUAk4h pic.twitter.com/5iYs2S92wZ— OECD NEA ⚛️ Nuclear Energy Agency (@OECD_NEA) May 12, 2021
- NEA Director-General Magwood was in conversation with the Spanish Nuclear Industry Forum (Foro Nuclear) President Ignacio Araluce on 26 May 2021, as part of the #NuclearConversations webinar series.
- NEA Director-General Magwood gave opening remarks at the Korea Institute of Nuclear Nonproliferation and Control (KINAC) Nuclear Nonproliferation and Security Symposium 2021.
- Diane Cameron, Head of the NEA Division of Nuclear Technology Development and Economics, presented recent NEA work on electricity markets at a webinar on The Role of Nuclear Power in a Carbon Neutral World, organised by the International Association for Energy Economics (IAEE) on 27 May 2021.
- On 27-28 May 2021, the NEA organised a workshop on Digital transformation: Opportunities and challenges for the nuclear sector to discuss a number of fundamental issues pertaining to digital transformation in the nuclear sector.