- The NEA hosted an expert roundtable discussion with seven prominent international experts on 3 March 2021 to present its new report Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Accident, Ten Years On: Progress, Lessons and Challenges.
- Michel Berthélemy, an NEA nuclear energy analyst, spoke about advanced nuclear technologies and applications the High-Level Workshop on Nuclear Power in Clean Energy Transitions organised jointly by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and the International Energy Agency (IEA) on 2-3 March 2021.
- NEA Director‑General William D. Magwood, IV delivered the 2021 David J. Rose Lecture to students and faculty at Massachusetts Institute of Technology Department of Nuclear Science & Engineering on 4 March 2021.
- Antonella di Trapani, NEA’s senior analyst for Education and Knowledge Management, spoke about the Nuclear Education, Skills and Technology (NEST) Framework and the Global Forum on Nuclear Education, Science, Technology and Policy at the European Nuclear Education Network (ENEN) Special Event 2021 held on 4 March 2021.
- Jan Horst Keppler, NEA's senior economic advisor, presented the 2020 edition of the Projected Costs of Generating Electricity at the 8th Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ) Global Webinar organised on 10 March 2021.
Pleasure to having Prof. Keppler @OECD_NEA, Dr. Lorenczik @IEA as speakers to discuss on "Projected Costs of Generating Electricity: 2020" with IEEJ experts at the 8th IEEJ Global Webinar.— The Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (@IEEJ_Japan) March 10, 2021
Note: Supporting members only.https://t.co/Glz8PahFq9 pic.twitter.com/vlnfjJOWRh
- The NEA participated in the 33rd Annual Regulatory Information Conference (RIC) held on 8-11 March 2021 by the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). NEA Director-General Magwood spoke at the Special Plenary Session on the 10th Anniversary of Fukushima.
- NEA Director-General Magwood also spoke at the Japan Nuclear Safety Institute (JANSI) Annual Conference 2021 on 17 March 2021. During his speech, he highlighted the lessons learnt and achievements in Japan and the global nuclear community in the decade since the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant accident.
- The NEA held a WebChat with Olivier Gupta, Director General of the French Nuclear Safety Authority (ASN), on 23 March 2021.
- NEA Director-General Magwood participated in the roundtable discussion on Perspectives from Past United States Department of Energy Officials held by the American Nuclear Society (ANS) on 26 March 2021.