- The NEA hosted a roundtable discussion on 1 October 2020 to celebrate what would have been the 20th anniversary of the International School of Nuclear Law (ISNL).
- The NEA participated in the Congreso Internacional sobre energía de la Comunidad de Madrid - ENERMADRID, organised by the Community of Madrid on 7-8 October 2020. Director-General William D. Magwood, IV spoke at the session on "The future of energy" and provided an international perspective on the energy transitions underway, as well as on future prospects for nuclear power.
- The NEA held a WebChat with Rafael Mariano Grossi, Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on 15 October 2020.
- Jan Horst Keppler, NEA's senior economic advisor, spoke about the system costs of electricity and the decarbonisation of electricity systems at the webinar on "The Role of Nuclear Energy in a Low-Carbon Future, a Cross-Sector Perspective", organised by the Whitehall & Industry Group on 15 October 2020.
- The NEA participated in the IAEA webinar on Global Collaboration for Sustainable Nuclear Education on 21 October 2020. Antonella di Trapani, an NEA analyst, spoke about the NEA Nuclear Education, Skills & Technology Framework (NEST), which aims to help NEA member countries address gaps in capacity building, knowledge transfer & technical innovation.
- Michel Berthélemy, an NEA nuclear energy analyst, spoke about the role of nuclear power in the circular carbon economy at a Guide to the Circular Carbon Economy (CCE) webinar organised by the King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Centre (KAPSARC) on 26 October 2020.
- The NEA held a Joint Learning Forum on safety culture co-organised by its Working Group on Human and Organisational Factors (WGHOF) and Working Group on Safety Culture (WGSC) on 26 October 2020.
Today @OECD_NEA Director-General Magwood met with Virgil-Daniel Popescu @vpopescu68, Romanian Minister of Economy, Energy and the Business Environment 🇷🇴, in the margins of the #OECDministerial. pic.twitter.com/27KVN4xtxr— OECD NEA ⚛️ Nuclear Energy Agency (@OECD_NEA) October 27, 2020
- The NEA Steering Committee for Nuclear Energy held its biannual meeting on 28-30 October 2020.