3. DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM OR FUNCTION
DEPLETOR provides depletion capability for the Purdue Advanced Reactor Core Simulator (PARCS), a computer code for predicting the transient behavior of light water reactor cores. PARCS solves the steady-state and time-dependent neutron diffusion equation in three-dimensional geometry to obtain the neutron flux distribution. Because PARCS solves the eigenvalue problem and is capable of performing criticality searches, it can provide the neutron flux distribution required to perform core depletion analysis. PARCS is not included in this code package.
DEPLETOR provides the following five functions:
- read in the macroscopic cross sections from PMAXS, the XS file prepared by the interface code GENPXS,
- calculate region wise macroscopic cross sections as a function of the history state, such as burnup, moderate density history, control rod history,
- transfer the region wise macroscopic cross sections to PARCS,
- obtain the region wise fluxes from PARCS,
- calculate region wise history increment at each step based on fluxes.