3. DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM OR FUNCTION
The code GROUPXS has been written for file handling and processing of the double-differential continuum-emission cross sections stored in the new MF6 format of ENDF/VI. This code has the following options to treat the energy- angle data that are supposed to be represented by a Legendre- polynomial expansion in the center-of-mass system:
(1) Conversion of MF6 data from center-of-mass system to laboratory system, with the possibility to continue the calculation with options (2), (3) or (4).
(2) Conversion of Legendre-polynomial representation into point-wise angular data, again in MF6 format.
(3) Conversion of data from MF6 into MF4 + MF5 (ENDF-V).
(4) Calculation of group constants, scattering matrices and transfer matrices for arbitrary group structures with a fusion micro-flux weighting spectrum (Pn-approximation).
The code only treats continuum reaction types that are stored in the MF6 format with the restrictions as specified for the European Fusion File (EFF1). These restrictions are not inconvenient for the purpose of fusion neutronics calculations and they facilitate relatively simple processing.