3. DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM OR FUNCTION
NRCDose is a user-friendly 32-bit PC-based software interface for the LADTAP II, GASPAR II, and XOQDOQ programs which operates under all Microsoft WindowsTM platforms. LADTAP II, GASPAR II, and XOQDOQ are industry standards, originally created for mainframe computers and written using the Fortran programming language. While still utilizing the proven Fortran code modules, NRCDose allows the user to enter and retrieve data through a series of windows dialogs, making the use of the program much more user-friendly and efficient than its original design. This graphical interface also allows the user to create sets of data that can be named and retrieved at a later date for review or modification.
The NRCDose program is equipped to perform calculations with up to 169 radionuclides, seven organs (bone, liver, total body, thyroid, kidney, lung, and GI-LLI) and four age ranges (infant, child, teenager, and adult). The source of the DCFs (dose conversion factors) in NRCDose is Regulatory Guide 1.109, supplemented with additional dose factors from NUREG-0172.
Recent modifications in NRCDose include:
1. BLOCK data functionality in LADTAP module was not working correctly - it has been repaired (v2.3.7).
2. LADTAP - Additional Usage Locations for ALARA Analysis - locations were being replicated inadvertently. This has been corrected (v2.3.8).
3. XOQDOQ - Corrected direction labels on the Wind Speed Values dialog (v2.3.9).
4. BLOCK data functionality in GASPAR module was not working correctly - the GASPAR.FOR code file was corrected and recompiled (v2.3.10).
5. GASPAR - corrected problem with directional labels (v2.3.11).
6. GASPAR, LADTAP, XOQDOQ - now remember last used directory location (v2.3.12).
7. LADTAP - corrected indexing problem with irrigated food consumption values if the defaults were modified. This also necessitated changes to the Food Pathways handling, so if your older LNP input files have irrigated food pathways you'll need to first "Remove" all the food pathways, save the file, and then "Add" all the irrigated food pathways along with their corresponding parameters (v2.3.12).
8. GASPAR - Increased the size of the report viewing dialog to display the entire report. Corrected menu handling (Met data menu item was previously disabled if only individual doses were selected (v2.3.13).
9. XOQDOQ - Corrected sorting methodology in Wind Speed Values dialog's Wind Speed list to ensure that the list is displayed as loaded - and stored accordingly (v2.3.13).
10. LADTAP - Made corrections to irrigated food pathway handling to ensure correct ordering of the Vegetable, Leafy Vegetables, Milk, and Meat pathways. Also increased the size of the report viewing dialog to display the entire report (v2.3.14).
11. LADTAP - Corrected irrigated food pathway handling when modifying an existing pathway (v2.3.15).
12. LADTAP - Corrected input of biota dose information; GASPAR - editorial changes to "Location for Individual Doses" dialog; updated install package to load all DLLs and OCXs to the application directory to minimize any possible interference with other applications (v2.3.16).
13. Minor editorial and cosmetic changes to dialogs. The dialog for reading input and output files is now resizable.
Updated installation package to remove all unnecessary Microsoft system files and load all DLLs and OCXs to the application directory to preclude interference with any other program installs.
Modified "File/New" functionality to immediately prompt for a binary input file name. Modified program so that input and output (DAT) files are written to, and read from, the subdirectory where the initial input (?NP or DAT) file was selected.
Modified modules to check for Fortran module input and output files after selection of the binary or DAT input file and enable main menu dialog buttons as appropriate.
LADTAP - corrected display of default invertebrate consumption parameters, which are based on site type - fresh or salt water.
XOQDOQ - Modified VB XOQD so that if KOPT(1) = 0 (Calms distribution), then Variables menu item "Wind Data\Calms Data" dialog is disabled.
GASPAR - corrected extra blank line that was being written when multiples sources are used. Updated irrigated foods linkage between pathway and locations. Limited the number of titles of receptor types to 5 (per Fortran code), and updated receptor type handling. Updated Job Control Options dialog to address the "Individual Doses Only" and alternate met file interactions ("Individual Doses Only" option requires Special Location(s) dispersion data inputs - it does not read other met data, be it inputted into the module or provided as an alternate met input file) (v2.3.18).
14. Minor editorial and cosmetic changes to dialogs.
LADTAP - added previously omitted functionality - allowing for calculation of dilution factors by the Fortran code.
GASPAR - added warning messages to limit the number of special locations to five (5) per source term, in accordance with the Fortran code. (v2.3.19).
15. Implemented file handling corrections, and UAC (User Access Control) modifications. (v2.3.20).