SFCOMPO - Spent Fuel Isotopic Composition Database
Developed by Fuel Cycle Safety Evaluation Laboratory at the JAERI Department of Fuel Cycle Safety Research. Operated by the NEA Nuclear Science Division under the supervision of the Working Party on Nuclear Criticality Safety.
SFCOMPO, the Spent Fuel Isotopic Composition Database, was originally developed at the JAERI Department of Fuel Cycle Safety Research's Fuel Cycle Safety Evaluation Laboratory. SFCOMPO provides isotopic composition data via the internet [Ref 3 and 4]. It archives measured isotopic composition data and the values of their ratios, which are required for the validation of burn-up codes.
Based on discussions at a meeting of the Working Party on Nuclear Criticality Safety (WPNCS) held in December 2001, a system of SFCOMPO for internet dissemination was transferred from JAERI to the NEA Data Bank. The system is now operated by the NEA.
SFCOMPO data covers the following areas:
- Reactor Name
- Reactor Type
- Active Height[mm]
- Assembly Name
- Assembly Location
- Fuel Rod Position
- Sampling Position of Fuel Rod[mm]
- Initial Enrichment[wt%]
- Cooling Time[year]
- Nd-148 Method
- Cs-137 Destructive Method
- Cs-137 Non-destructive Method
- U, Pu Isotope Based Method
- PIE Data[kg/MTU initial]
Enter Data Search pages
- Naito Y., Kurosawa M., and Kaneko T., "Data Book of the Isotopic Composition of Spent Fuel in Light Water Reactors," JAERI-M 93-061, Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute (March 1993).(in Japanese)
- Kurosawa,M., Naito,Y., Sakamoto,H., and Kaneko,T., "The Isotopic Compositions Database System on Spent Fuels in Light Water Reactors(SFCOMPO)," JAERI-Data/Code 96-036, Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute (February 1997).
- Suyama, K. "Spent Fuel Isotopic Composition Data Base System on WWW -SFCOMPO on W3 -", JAERI-Data/Code 97-045, Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute (November 1997).(in Japanese)
- Mochizuki,H., Suyama,K., Nomura,Y., and Okuno, H., "Spent Fuel Composition Database System on WWW - SFCOMPO on WWW Ver.2 -," JAERI-Data/Code 2001-020, Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute (August 2001). (in Japanese).[ 18.4 Mbyte JAERI-Data-Code-2001-020.pdf, This file is also available from the JAERI website.
Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute (JAERI)
JAERI Department of Fuel Cycle Safety Research Fuel Cycle Safety Evaluation Laboratory
For more Information, please contact SFCOMPO manager (firstname.lastname@example.org
Last reviewed: 25 November 2011