Expert Group on the Implications of ICRP Recommendations (EGIR)
Terms of Reference
The Terms of Reference of this Group are as follows:
- The CRPPH will identify the document it wishes to assess, and will ask the authoring organisation for permission to do so. Should the Authoring organisation agree, they will supply the draft document to the CRPPH for assessment.
- The CRPPH Secretariat will inform the CRPPH, and other relevant NEA Standing Technical Committees, as appropriate, that an EGIR review of a specified draft document will take place, and will invite members to nominate experts to this assessment process. Each EGIR draft document assessment process will require a new call for nominations.
- The draft document assessment will develop both general comments on the document’s content, and specific comments on the document’s text. Proposed text changes, insertions or deletions will each be accompanied by an explanatory comment, providing the rational for the suggested modification.
- The assessment resulting from the meeting will be supplied to the authoring organisation, to the participants in the EGIR meeting, to the CRPPH members and to all relevant NEA Standing Technical Committees for information.
- The authoring organisation will be invited to nominate an observer in the EGIR meeting, principally to directly hear comments, but also to provide clarification of draft text as needed.
- The CRPPH may decide that other relevant organisations should also be invited to nominate observers to the EGIR meeting, for example international organisations (e.g. WHO, ILO, EC, etc.), industry groups (e.g. WNA, NEI, etc.), or other relevant stakeholder organisations.
International Commission on
Radiological Protection (ICRP) (External link)
Last reviewd: 10 January 2017