Working Group on Fuel Cycle Safety (WGFCS)
The main mission of the Working Group on Fuel Cycle Safety (WGFCS) is to advance the understanding of relevant aspects of nuclear fuel cycle safety in member countries. In pursuit of these goals, the working group:
meets to exchange information on relevant matters including licensing systems, safety philosophy and safety standards to improve mutual understanding;
- support NEA member countries to contribute to the FINAS by their reports;
- organize a specific forum to share lessons-learned and promote their implementation;
- indicates where further research is needed;
- prepares state-of-the-art fuel cycle safety reports;
- collaborates with other groups as necessary.
Programme of Work
WGFCS members' area (password protected | reminder).
Joint IAEA/NEA Fuel Incident and Notification and Analyses System (FINAS)
Committee on the Safety of Nuclear Installations (CSNI) overview
Last reviewed: 14 February 2011