Task Group on Sump Clogging
A Task Group on Sump Clogging has been set up to update of the State-of-the-Art Report (SOAR) on the “Knowledge Base for Emergency Core Cooling System Recirculation Reliability” [NEA/CSNI/R(95)11], issued in 1996, and with focus on chemical effects and downstream effects. In particular, the scope of the work includes the following actions:
- Review the SOAR on the “Knowledge Base for Emergency Core Cooling System Recirculation Reliability” and identify open issues that need to be answered.
- Review relevant findings from international meetings and national reports.
- Identify answers to the open issues of the SOAR and any further progress achieved or any new open issues raised, in particular regarding chemical effects and downstream effects.
- Update the SOAR to reflect additional knowledge gained and R&D results achieved since 1995.
- Review the advantages/possibilities to establish a web-based portal for information exchange in sump clogging.
- Report and document to CSNI.
Members from Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, Korea, Spain, Sweden and the United States are to take part in this task. The Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL) will take the lead of this activity.
Committee on the Safety of Nuclear Installations (CSNI)
Sump clogging working area (password protected | reminder)
Last reviewed: 7 January 2014