Working Group on Public Communication of Nuclear Regulatory Organisations (WGPC)
The objective of the Working Group on the Public Communication of Nuclear Regulatory Organisations (WGPC) is to provide support to improve communication of Nuclear Regulatory Organisations (NRO) through exchange of information and experience. The WGPC will identify good practices, focus on enabling practical implementation in each organisation/country as appropriate and maintain a network among its members facilitating consistent and proportionate NRO public communication between NEA member countries related to any event or regulatory matter with potential public interest.
In order to achieve this objective:
- The Working Group will share information, news, documents, data, views, ideas, and experiences in the field of public communication and stakeholder involvement. It will keep abreast of activities of a similar or related nature undertaken by other bodies of the NEA.
- The Working Group will review developments, progress, techniques, tools, procedures and achievements related to how nuclear regulators communicate with the public and other stakeholders. It will highlight lessons learnt and good practices.
- The Working Group will support the Committee on Nuclear Regulatory Activities (CNRA), through technical notes, workshops, by addressing specific issues and practices and by providing expert consultation on various components of communication.
- The Working Group will co-operate with other NEA bodies and international organisations and stakeholders, in the areas of regulatory public communication and stakeholder involvement and providing assistance through consultation.
In terms of working methods, the WGPC will:
- constitute a forum of NRO communicators to share information and plan, co-ordinate and manage activities through the organisation of annual meetings;
- produce collaboratively consensus documents (e.g., technical notes, guidelines or aide-memoire) useful to improve NRO communication;
- use the "flashnews" system to exchange in real time relevant information about safety-relevant events of media interest;
- organise workshops in relation with public information and communication.
WGPC working area (password protected | retrieve password)
Commitee on Nuclear Regulatory Activities
Last updated: 19 February 2018