International School of Nuclear Law
University Diploma in International Nuclear Law:
Information and requirements
- ISNL participants have the possibility to apply for a University Diploma (Diplôme d'université - D.U.) in International Nuclear Law from the University of Montpellier.
- ISNL participants who receive financial assistance from either the IAEA or the NEA must apply for the diploma.
- For all other participants, applying for the diploma is optional.
- There are no additional fees to apply for or receive the diploma.
- Diploma candidates must complete the following requirements to be considered for the University diploma:
- Active class and case study participation during the 10-day ISNL course in Montpellier (10 points)
- Successful completion of a 2.5 hour multiple choice test (60 points)
- Submission of a written dissertation of publishable quality on a topic relevant to international nuclear law (90 points)
- Candidates may complete the multiple choice test and the dissertation in English or French.
- To be considered for the University Diploma in International Nuclear Law, candidates must receive:
- a minimum of 80 points out of 160;
- at least 45 points out of 90 on the dissertation.
Office of Legal Counsel
Last reviewed: 29 September 2016