International School of Nuclear Law
University Diploma in International Nuclear Law:
Information and requirements
ISNL participants have the possibility to apply for a University Diploma (Diplôme d'Université - D.U.) in International Nuclear Law from the University of Montpellier.
- ISNL participants who receive financial assistance from either the IAEA or the NEA must apply for the diploma.
- For all other participants, applying for the diploma is optional.
There are no additional fees to apply for or receive the diploma.
Diploma candidates must complete the following requirements to be considered for the University diploma:
- Active class and case study participation during the 10-day ISNL course in Montpellier (10 points)
- Successful completion of a 2.5 hour multiple choice test (60 points)
- Submission of a written dissertation of publishable quality on a topic relevant to international nuclear law (90 points)
Candidates may complete the multiple choice test and the dissertation in English or French.
To be considered for the University Diploma in International Nuclear Law, candidates must receive:
- a minimum of 80 points out of 160;
- at least 45 points out of 90 on the dissertation.
Office of Legal Counsel
Last reviewed: 13 January 2017