Displaying JEFF 3.1 using the JEFF 3.1 CD
Please note that the JANIS 3.0 DVD already contains JEFF 3.1, this only apply to versions prior to version 3.0.
Please note that the JEFF 3.1 CD contains unprocessed data.
- Download the zipped JANIS database : Jeff 3.1 JANIS database (3.4MB, 18.3MB unzipped)
- Unzip it on your hard drive, lets say in D:\ (ZIP contains the root folder)
- Insert your JEFF 3.1 CD
- In JANIS : open the "Load base" dialog : menu "Database", item "Load..."
- In "Type:" drop down list select JDBC
- In "Label:" field enter a name for this new connection, for example JEFF 3.1 CD
- In "JDBC Driver:" drop down list select Mckoi
- Select Embedded radio button
- In ".conf file:" field enter the path of file db.conf, e.g. D:\BaseJEFF31\db.conf
- In "User:" field enter janis
- In "Password:" field enter janis
- In "Root folder:" field enter the path of your CD/DVD drive, e.g. F:\
- Validate the "Load base" dialog with "OK" button
- In Databases tree you should see a new node with a question mark icon , and the label you have just entered in previously
- This question mark indicates the connection is in progress, it should quickly be replaced by a green checkmark icon , indicating you are connected to the remote database
- You can now browse the JEFF 3.1 content
In case you can't get this working don't hesitate to ask more details to Nicolas ()
In case you forget or remove your JEFF 3.1 CDRom you will soon get this error dialog in JANIS :
To continue using JANIS simply close this dialog and retry what you were trying after inserting the CDRom in the right drive.
If you obtain this error when trying to display the Radioactive Decay Data nuclides chart then please
redownload the Jeff 3.1 JANIS database.
(The JANIS base which was provided initially was built with Java 1.5 and was not fully compatible with Java 1.4)
You will get troubles with stable nuclides decay data : decay path is broken (and useless) and "Decay general data" will display dummy
half-life, mean decay energies.
Last modified:Tuesday, 30-Nov-2010 19:02:19 CET