Computer Program Services
CPS Abstracts catalogue - tips for searching materials
Any word in the abstracts may be used for
the search, including program name, package identification and authors.
Here are a few basic tricks:
- Enter your search terms in
lower case. The search engine will find both upper and lower case instances
of your search term.
- Enclose terms in double quotation
marks if you want the search engine to take them literally.
- Search for phrases by entering
the words separated by spaces.
- Expand your searches by linking
your search term with OR. The search engine will find pages that contain
at least one of your search terms.
- Narrow your searches by linking
your search terms with AND. The search engine will find pages that contain
all of your search terms.
- Exclude pages that are not
relevant to your search by preceding the search term with NOT.
- DO NOT include hyphens (-)
in the word.