Computer Program Services
Rules for requesters – note for liaison officers
Only liaison officers of nominated establishments or those individuals designated by liaison officers can request and retrieve material directly via the network.
Retrieval of programs via the network is a self-service available only to liaison officers. NOTE that this procedure is NOT automatic – each request is processed individually. Liaison officers who do not have yet access to receiving programs via the network should contact Computer Program Services. Liaison officers will then be provided with a username and password. A brief description of the procedure for requesting material via the network is given below:
- Search the Computer Abstracts Catalog by entering some words or phrases relevant to the programs or data for which you are searching.
- Click on the correct identification number for the program or data package.
- Click on the line containing the valid program name, package ID, status and original computer (blue line).
- When asked, enter your username and password. Click to continue.
- Select the transmittal media (ftp, CD-ROM or DVD ), TAR or ZIP format.
- Click Send Request and your request will be forwarded to us directly.
- Note: requests for computer codes acquired from RSICC under the new co-operative arrangement (signed on 10 April 2006) have to undergo an additional screening procedure. End-users need to fill in FORMS in order to obtain a single user/single site licence for using such codes.
If you have questions, or need further clarification, please contact Computer Program Services.
An e-mail will be sent to you as soon as the program is ready for retrieval from the network for ftp requests.
Last reviewed: 27 October 2015