OECD/NEA Data Bank E-Newsletter
No. 4, December 2008
The Data Bank would like to thank you for your co-operation throughout the year and wishes you the very best this holiday season.
- Nuclear data and tools
- Processed data libraries
- Computer programs
- Integral experiments data
- Training courses and workshops
- Other items
1. Nuclear data and tools
Participants in the Joint
European Fission and
Fusion (JEFF) project met on 18-20 November at NEA offices in
Issy-les-Moulineaux, France. Meeting participants decided on revised
fission and fusion data evaluations to be incorporated into an updated
release of the JEFF nuclear data library, to be released as JEFF-3.1.1
shortly. More information is available at www.oecd-nea.org/dbdata/projects/nds_jef.htm.
A workshop on processing tools for evaluated nuclear data libraries was
held in conjunction with the JEFF meeting on 18 November at NEA
premises chaired by Skip Kahler from Los Alamos National Laboratory,
USA. More information is available at http://www.oecd-nea.org/dbdata/process/workshop-2008/.
In order to support the distribution and best use of the various
evaluated nuclear data libraries, the NEA promotes the exchange of
information on processed libraries, pre-processing and processing
codes. The NEA also provides a framework for the processing of
evaluated nuclear data through its nuclear data services. More
information is available at www.oecd-nea.org/dbdata/process/.
2. Processed data libraries
Recently acquired or tested
- NEA-1822/01 ZZ FLUKA05-PRE-LIB, FLUKA05 Multi-group, multi-purpose nuclear data library, neutrons, photons, charged particles
- NEA-1837/01 ZZ-TENDL-2008-ACE, TENDL-2008 based library for neutrons, protons, deuterons, tritons, helions, alpha and gammas
For a full list of processed cross-section data
For the most recent updates to NJOY, a data processing
of evaluated nuclear data files in ENDF format, visit www.oecd-nea.org/dbprog/njoy-links.html.
3. Computer Programs
The most recently acquired or tested
codes and application data libraries are:
- NEA-1798/02 ANGELO-LAMBDA, Covariance matrix interpolation and mathematical verification (Updated version)
- IAEA1426/01 PLOT-S, Plotting Program with
special Features for Windows Environment (New)
- PSR-0542/01 MGA8, Determine
Pu Isotope Abundances from Multichannel Analyzer Gamma Spectra (New)
- USCD1237/01 DRAGON2PARTISN Cross-Sections
Data Generation for PARTISN4.0 (New)
- CCC-0726/01 CNCSN, Two- and Three-Dimensional Coupled Neutral and Charged Particle Sn Code
- NEA-1678/09 BOT3P5.3, 3D Mesh Generator and Graphical Display of Geometry for Radiation Transport Codes, Display of Results (Updated
- NEA-1835/01 Reactor Shielding Design Manual by Rockwell T. III (New)
- USCD1149/64 ENSDF/ADDGAM,
Adds Gammas to Adopted Data Sets (Updated version)
- USCD1149/65 ENSDF/ALPHAD,
Calculation Alpha Hindrance Factors (Updated version)
- USCD1149/66 ENSDF/AVETOOLS, Three statistical methods to calculate
averages of experimental data with uncertainties (New)
- USCD1149/67 ENSDF/FMTCHK, Format Checking Program (Updated
- USCD1149/68 ENSDF/GABS, Absolute Gamma-Ray Intensities from ENSDF Data (Updated
- USCD1149/69 ENSDF/GTOL, Least Squres Fit of Gamma Spectra and Level Assignment (Updated version)
- USCD1149/70 ENSDF/LOGFT,
Beta-Decay log-ft and Partial Capture Calculation (Updated version)
- USCD1149/71 ENSDF/PANDORA, Physics Checks on ENSDF Data (Updated
- USCD1149/72 ENSDF/RULER,
Reduced Transition Problems Abilities Calculation (Updated version)
- USCD1149/73 ENSDF/HSICC, Interpolation Between Hager-Seltzer and Dragoun-Plajner-Schmutzler (Updated
- USCD1149/74 ENSDF/TREND, Tabulation of ENSDF Data (Updated
- NEA-1525/14 PENELOPE2008, A Code System for Monte-Carlo Simulation of Electron and Photon Transport (Updated version)
- CCC-0740/01 MCNP5/MCNPX, Monte Carlo N-Particle Transport Code System Including MCNP5 1.50, MCNPX 2.6.0, VISED and Data Libraries (New)
Note for users of DVDs sent out by the NEA Data Bank: The CD-ROM and DVD robot used at the NEA Data Bank to produce copies of the information it distributes was upgraded recently. The result of this upgrade and modification is that there might arise compatibility problems with operating systems and/or DVD-readers older
than 11 years, i.e. released before 1997. Users experiencing problems with old DVD readers should either request information on CD-ROM or upgrade their readers.
For more details see the daily updated list at www.oecd-nea.org/dbprog/cpsnew.html.
4. Integral experiments data
- The March 2008 edition of the International Reactor Physics Benchmark Experiments (IRPHE) Project handbook is available at www.oecd-nea.org/science/wprs/irphe/.
The IRPhE review meeting preparing the 2009 edition of the IRPhE Handbook was held in October 2008. The next edition will be issued in March 2009.
- NEA-1739/02 IRPhE/AVR, High Temperature Reactor Experience, Archival Documentation
The 2008 edition of the
Criticality Safety Benchmark Evaluation Project (ICSBEP)
released in September. You may request a DVD by accessing the INL webpages.
5. Training courses and workshops
- 2-6 March 2009
SCALE6 Lattice Physics and Depletion Course, OECD/NEA Data Bank - co-sponsored by ORNL/RSICC, Issy les Moulineaux, France. Registration form.
16-20 March 2009
Training course on "Analytical Benchmarks: Case Studies in Neutron Transport Theory using the Handbook (including computer codes) published on "Analytical Benchmarks for Nuclear Engineering Applications (Case Studies in Neutron Transport Theory)". This course is intended for transport methods developers and those who teach reactor physics and transport theory. In addition, the course would be appropriate for anyone with an analytical interest in solving equations and the application of numerical methods to obtain extreme accuracy. Teacher: Prof. Barry D. Ganapol. Registration form.
- 23-27 March 2009
MCNP/MCNPX Training course, OECD NEA Data Bank - co-sponsored by ORNL/RSICC, Issy les Moulineaux, France. Registration form. Syllabus.
- 30 March - 3 April 2009
Training Course on FLUKA - A Multipurpose Particle Interaction and Transport Monte Carlo Code, National Center of Scientific Research "Demokritos", Athens, Greece. Registration form. Syllabus.
Meetings and conferences sponsored by the Nuclear
Committee & Data Bank
- 3-7 May 2009
2009 International Conference on Advances in Mathematics, Computational Methods, and Reactor Physics, Saratoga Springs, NY, USA.
Contact: Tom Sutton
- 7-10 June 2009
First International Conference on Advancements in Nuclear Instrumentation, Measurement Methods and their Applications ANIMMA, Marseille, southern France.
- 6-10 September 2009
GLOBAL-2009: 8th Global Congress on Nuclear Fuel Cycle: Sustainable Options and Industrial Perspectives, Paris, France.
- 9-14 May 2010
Physor-2010: Advances in Reactor Physics to Power the Nuclear Renaissance, Sheraton Station Square Hotel, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
See also: Other NEA nuclear science meetings
7. Other items
Information on joint research projects related to
A steam explosion experiments (STEX) database was updated (International
Explosion Experimental Data Base).
To access the latest issue of the NEA online
bulletin, click here.